Sunday, April 16, 2023

A large bipedal thing stalking our cabin in Vermont

I've been waiting to write about this unsure of how to present it. There are some people who believe in Bigfoot and some people who don't. But, if this is what was stalking us in Vermont, this will be the second time in 15 years that I have seen one. 


This occurred over two days during the winter while staying in a cabin in Vermont in a tiny town. 

We are surrounded by mountains and hills and I often crack jokes about how a "Bigfoot(s)" must be living somewhere around here, perhaps up on one of these mountains, and I would say to my mother and my son how I wanted to see another one, although at a distance for obvious reasons (I previously saw one years ago back on my farm). 

I love all animals including woodland creatures. I've already been up close with a black Bear over several weeks who I named Thor.

Thor would visit me two or three times a week (pics below). He would come right up on our front porch, sit down, stand up, he would come to the window and gently place his huge paw on the window and over time I would put my hand on the glass as his paw was and he would just look at me and tilt his huge head. He would sit like a dog at my front door, I swear he waited for me to open it and it took everything I had (and my son who stopped me) to not feed him. Thor would literally come and just hang out on my porch. 

I've previously made friends with two Canadian geese who I named Prince and Bella and they would spend afternoons with me out by a pond eating from my hand. I have had squirrels run up my leg and curl up into my neck, Chipmunks too got them eating out of my hand, and I have always wanted to see a Moose in real-life rather than on a caution sign on our roads, although again at a distance. I love all animals it's just the way I am. 

In an earlier post I wrote about how eerily quiet it is here late at night. The stillness and lack of outside sounds when you are sitting outside at that time of night can be a bit creepy especially when there are not many lights at all let alone street lights. Basically anything could be lurking in the woods around us and we would never know if not that is, for our three dogs. 

One night it was super late, it was snowing and I was up watching the history channel when our dogs began growling. The growling evolved into barking and so I decided to take one of them with me to go outside onto the front porch. 

My son was awake and on the other side of the cabin and my mother was sleeping. I was not going to bother my son to come out with me, I had one of the dogs so I felt secure. 

I take our dog out (she is on leash) and onto the porch and she immediately stuck her nose up in the air and began sniffing. I could not smell anything, but it was clear that she could. 

My dog was pulling me to leave the porch and so I did. While we are walking in the front yard, she repeatedly lifted her head into the air sniffing something when she quickly stopped and she began to look straight ahead at the woods. 

She became so focused on whatever it was that she could smell that she began growling and trying to pull toward the woods. 

I refused and instead I had to pull her back repeatedly to get her back onto the porch and into the cabin. 

When I finally got her back into the cabin, the other dogs are now pacing back and forth between three different windows growling, and the hair on their backs were standing up. 

I went and got my son and I told him that the dogs were acting like something (maybe a bear) was in the yard. I told him how our female acted when I took her out. 

My son and I both go outside onto the front porch and we could distinctly hear what sounded like a person or something was walking in the woods. Initially we both thought it may have been a Deer or Moose, but we kept listening and it sounded different. It sounded even louder than what I think a human walking would make, and after listening for a few minutes, we realized that it was not a Deer or a Moose. Let me tell you why.

My son picked up a small piece of stone or a piece of paver that was on the porch and he through it in the general direction of where the sound seemed like it was coming from. My son wanted to scare whatever animal it was away so we could hear it run off and determine that it was in fact an animal and not a person as either sound would be pretty distinct. 

My son threw it and we didn't hear anything run from being spooked as a Deer may do. Instead about 30 or 40 seconds later, a tree branch was thrown from the woods into the yard.

We both looked at each other and said "what the hell is that called?". At the time, it wasn't so funny because neither one of us knew if it was just coincidence that a branch just so happen to be thrown toward us, right after my son threw a stone into the woods.
 
There was no wind, it wasn't raining and so we kind of knew a branch had not fallen from a tree and somehow landed near us in the yard. 

My son and I quickly go inside. I get my cell phone because whatever it is I want to try to video, and my son gets a weapon and a dog. 

When we came back out, we heard absolutely nothing and our dog hadn't a care in the world. 
We thought that whatever it was had quickly left when we went inside. 

So, by now my mom's awake, well she had been awake from the dogs growling and barking before we went out, I just didn't know she was awake. 

What does mom say? 

"I heard the dogs barking, and I could have sworn I heard something in the back yard". 

Of course we tell her that we thought we heard "an animal" in the yard. No point in scaring her and telling her it could have been a person or that something threw something at us after we threw something.

Instead, I tell her that we took one of the dogs out and it must have scared "the animal" away because it seems like it is gone and the dogs are all back to normal. And then to switch the subject, I say oh and by the way; its snowing like hell out. My mom was then automatically redirected to the snow and I knew that is what she would be thinking about instead.

My mom eventually went back to bed, my son went back to what he was doing and I go and make sure all the curtains are closed, because I didn't want whatever that was to peek into the windows, and I then go back to watching the History channel. I'm feeling a bit anxious and so I know it will be difficult for me to go to sleep. 

An hour or so later, my son comes into the room and tells me he's going out to check things out one last time. Of course I don't want my son out there by himself at this point and so I'm going with him.

We go back outside and into the front yard and this time we can hear something heavily walking, like it is coming from around the right side of the cabin toward us, and we get a strong odor of what I could only describe as urine and skunk. 

I'm immediately thinking that thing never actually left maybe. My son grabs my arm as if to not move, and we both hear heavy breathing and a strange (I call it 1/2 snorting, 1/2 growling) sound. 

Whatever this thing was, was big. And with each step it took it was a thump. This was no Deer, no Moose (although Moose do snort), and if it was a person, he would have had to be huge. 

We can hear our dogs barking again and two of them were in the windows clawing at them to get out, we could hear their nails clicking against the windows. They were completely freaked out. 

My son and I quickly went inside and locked the door (using all locks). 

I remembered when my son jokingly said to me when we first came to the cabin months ago; "There must be a reason why this cabin has 4 locks on both doors, I wonder what they are trying to keep out". At the time, I didn't take it seriously and I laughed it off.

Today? I'm really beginning to wonder. 

I went to my mom and told her "the animal" was back but I believed the dogs would scare it away again. I did this because I knew the dogs likely had woken her up again and I wanted to take a look in her room to make sure her curtains were closed.  

Whatever was out there didn't come up on the porch, perhaps the dogs had something to do with that. But I'm telling you, I was anxious.

I knew that when my friend Thor the Bear would come to visit me, at anytime he could have come straight through my front door if he wanted to if he was ever agitated. And, here is this thing out there walking around our cabin, surrounded by forest and in this tiny little town and I have no idea how dangerous or wild this thing is. I only knew that it sounded big and the sounds it made only made me feel worse. 

I was on edge, I'm not going to lie. Every noise made me think it was that thing. Neither me or my son got much sleep that night at all. My son tried to make me feel better but I was nervous all night.  

I spent most of the next day thinking about what happened the night before and I ended up spilling my guts to my mother. I couldn't help it, I wanted to talk about it. I also planned to have my phone ready and handy ahead of time for that night just in case whatever it was came back, despite that my son told me that it would be difficult to get a good video at night with a cell phone. 

That night; nothing. I stayed awake as tired as I was but nothing went on. 

The following morning I grab my coffee and I head out to the front porch with my mom. 

We are sitting in the Adirondack chairs and I feel the sense that we are being watched. At the time, one may think it was paranoia because of what had recently happened, but it wasn't as you will read. 

With my eyes, I'm scanning the area and the field of snow across from us when something catches my eye. I see something at a distance; large, black and furry. Initially It looked like it was standing between a tree and a mound of snow watching us on the front porch. 

I knew what was there did not belong there. It was out of place.

Not trying to be alarmed, I ask my mother if she can see what I am seeing across from us in the field. My mom says that she see's something black on "that snow bank", which was really a dirt mound under the snow. 

It looked like this thing was trying to hide from us while it was watching us.

I want to go inside to get my phone but I don't want my mom out there alone and so I make her go inside. The whole time she's telling me that she didn't want me going out there either. 

Our dogs were not growling or barking this time, but I think it's because this thing was toward the back of the field across from us. It wasn't close enough to make the dogs bark. 

I grabbed my phone and went back outside to get a picture. This is what I caught...


At first glance you really can't see it (I will enlarge it so you can). Also, I noticed when I went back out to take the pic, this thing got onto its stomach and was trying to hide behind the mound while watching us. 

I took two pics and went in to show my mother. When I went back out to get a video, he was gone (last picture).

In the pic below, you can make out the black figure to the right of the mound
                                  Enlarged (enlarged bigger next pic)


This is the same pic enlarged further. You can clearly see the black figure to the right of the mound. I went in to show my mother, and when I went back out to get video he was gone (next pic) 


















The black figure was gone (Enlarged next pic) 




































It would be easy for anyone to say that this black thing could have been a person or any kind of animal. After the experience my son and I had, the noise it made, the odor and it's massive body dwarfing that mound before it laid on its stomach in the snow, I do not know of any animal on two feet that is that big and that wide. 

Since this day, we have had no other experiences with any bipedal creatures. 

Perhaps he was curious and happened to stumble onto our cabin and after hearing our dogs maybe he thought twice about doing anything. But to know enough to go across the street and watch us from a distance is a little unnerving, and to know enough to leave when he knows we saw him watching us is that much more disturbing. 


Pics of Thor the black Bear who used to come and visit me below 

Thor...

Some of these were taken by my security cameras and others by my phone. Most of these pics were taken on different dates.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments